> >I have a recent build of BIND 9.9.3-P1 and after bringing up the service
> >on a
> >Solaris 10 server I begin to see many log entries like so :
> >
> >28-Jun-2013 15:41:17.636 sockmgr 1005a1080: unexpected POLL timeout
> >
> >I don't know what this is and am mildly concerned.  Is this evidence
> of a
> >config
> >problem or a compile problem or ?  Really I have not seen this before
> and
> >there
> >are roughly 5000 such entries in my log thus far today.
> >
> >Dennis
>
> just as a data point i setup a couple new 9.9.3-P1 boxes last night that
> get around 30,000 qps combined and with rolling logs the last million
> lines or so don't show any trace of "POLL" on centos 6.4 with bind
> compiled from latest isc.org src.  the only "option" i have is enable-ssl.
>
> not much help i know, but it does seem solaris/compile specific.  maybe
> something like this can help:
>
> http://comp.protocols.dns.bind.narkive.com/fijjEh47/workaround-solaris-s-ke
> rnel-bug

I was looking at that and thinking that my problems on Solaris 10 should not
be related to a kernel bug from dark history on Solaris 8.  This problem may
be related to this :

STD_CDEFINES=-D_TS_ERRNO -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-DDIG_SIGCHASE=1 -DISC_SOCKET_USE_POLLWATCH=1

I think, and this is a guess, the issue is in "ISC_SOCKET_USE_POLLWATCH".

I will do a rebuild without that defined and see what happens.  Nothing beats
trial and
error :-\

Dennis