Samad Agha <samad.agha2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, when I query my new DNS server from itself (206.117.115.93), it
> resolves the name to an IP, but when I query my new DNS server from another
> Linux box, it fails with the following error message.

> ** server can't find google.com: REFUSED

By default, BIND allows queries only from "localnets", i.e. subnets to
which the server is directly connected. For details, see
http://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.10.2/doc/arm/Bv9ARM.ch06.html#access_control

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Forth, Tyne: Variable becoming southeast 3 or 4, occasionally 5 later in Tyne.