On 8/11/2016 12:22 PM, bind-users-requ...@lists.isc.org wrote:
I have a child domain that is delegated to a second site. Pretty
straightforward situation. In the parent zone I have NS records that point
to the DNS servers at the second site.

The issue comes up when a slaved copy of the parent domain is running at a
third site and that third site doesn't have a rule in their firewall
allowing DNS access to the second site (where the child domain is
delegated).

The question is this; can I use stub zones to reference the child domain on
the master server (instead of delegation) and the use forwarding at the
third site to direct queries for the child domain through the master
server?

I hope the picture I've tried to describe is somewhat clear.

Regards,

Bob

I think that this has been proposed, but I am not sure.
Take the child zone from the third server and slave the
zone on your servers.  That way you have a copy of the
zone, and your customers can access the contents of that zone.

--Barry Finkel