Dear All,

We are using response-policy zones as a service from spamhaus.org
This is used for web access as well as for SMTP ( incoming and outgoing )
Actually this worked fine over years.
Now we have the situation if I dig www.airindia.in I get as result

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
bad-nameservers.rpz.spamhaus.org. 60 IN SOA need.to.know.only.
hostmaster.spamhaus.org. 1507403414 300 60 432000 60

This indicates that it is listed in the  bad-nameservers.rpz.spamhaus.org
database from spamhaus.org which I have configured as a slave zone in my DNS
server.
Our employees are travelling a lot and therefore it is not acceptable that the
Indian Airline is not reachable.

Such zones are defined as type slave. Therefore it’s not possible to update
such a zone.
I also tried to define these records in my own RPZ and hoping it has higher
priorities. But it isn’t.
Finally I tried a forward only zone for airindia.in to a server in my
environment which does not use RPZ. But this doesn’t work too.

Any ideas how I could shade or overwrite the content of RPZ ?

I am using BIND 9.11.2

Kind regards
Hans

—