Am 23.01.2018 um 13:25 schrieb Brian J. Murrell:
Here's a new most interesting data point.

All of these outages happen right after a DHCP client connect and sends
a DDNS update to BIND.

It would be an interesting experiment to isolate the zone that receives
DDNS updates for the DHCP clients onto a separate server to see if that
makes this problem go away for the main server, but I don't have
another machine to run another BIND on and I don't think it's possible
to run two BINDs on the same machine on different ports and have one
(on port 53) delegate a zone to another running on some other port

pretty sure it's possible and likely not much different than the unbound-sample below which asks a rbldnsd on port 1043 on the same machine

stub-zone:
 name: "zone-name."
 stub-addr: 127.0.0.1@1053