On 01/23/2018 05:25 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
It would be an interesting experiment to isolate the zone that receives DDNS updates for the DHCP clients onto a separate server to see if that makes this problem go away for the main server, but I don't have another machine to run another BIND on…

Could you try disabling DDNS updates for a little while? Maybe you'll get lucky (for a given value of luck) and find that the problem continues happening even with DDNS updates disabled. Thus you will have a reasonable idea that the issue is not related to DDNS updates.

…I don't think it's possible to run two BINDs on the same machine on different ports and have one (on port 53) delegate a zone to another running on some other port.

I'm sure that you could do some networking magic to cause connections to $AlternateIP port 53 to be re-routed to $DifferentIP $AlternatePort.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die