-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: bind-users <bind-users-boun...@lists.isc.org> Puolesta @lbutlr
Lähetetty: 9. heinäkuuta 2020 14:22
Vastaanottaja: bind-users <bind-users@lists.isc.org>
Aihe: Dumb Question is an A or AAAA record required?

Given a domain that is hosted and used for email and web, is an A record for
that domain actually required?

That is, if bob.tld is hosted by example.com can you simply have

        NS ns1.example.com
        NS ns2.example.com
        MX mx.example.com

www     CNAME www.example.com

Without specifying

        A 11.22.33.444

(I am pretty sure this is *technically* allowed, but is it really OK to do or
are there reasons not to do this?)

--
And there were all the stars, looking remarkably like powered
        diamonds spilled on black velvet, the stars that lured and