On 09.07.20 13:16, DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via bind-users
wrote:
Would the lack of A records affect pointer records?  Seems like it would.

pointer records are independent on A/CNAME records and irelevant in thie
case.

-----Original Message-----
From: bind-users <bind-users-boun...@lists.isc.org> On Behalf Of Mark Andrews
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2020 8:56 AM
To: @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com>
Cc: bind-users <Bind-users@lists.isc.org>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Dumb Question is an A or AAAA record required?

At this stage one still needs A records to be reachable by everyone.  One
should also ensure you are reachable over IPv6 as lots of the world behind IPv6
only links as their ISPs don’t have enough IPv4 addresses for every one.
Instead they have to use some form of IPv4 as a service which is significantly
more expensive to operate compared to straight routers.