Hello--sorry it took so long to respond. And I apologize for the length of this
email.

Yes, the curl command returns an xml file.  I included an excerpt from the
output:

"About to connect() to download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org port 443 (#0)
*   Trying 13.32.153.64...
* Connected to download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org (13.32.153.64) port 443 (#0)
* Initializing NSS with certpath: sql:/etc/pki/nssdb
* skipping SSL peer certificate verification
* SSL connection using TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
* Server certificate:
*       subject: CN=download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org
*       start date: Nov 30 00:00:00 2021 GMT
*       expire date: May 11 19:03:32 2022 GMT
*       common name: download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org
*       issuer: CN=DoD WCF Signing CA 2,OU=WCF PKI,OU=DoD,O=U.S. Government,C=US
> GET /results/isc/bind/epel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml HTTP/1.1
> Host: download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK