Hi Håvard.
I currently have 9.18.8 installed; the version of named-compilezone is the
same. As a test I just converted a text format zone file to raw and then
that raw file back to text and it looks fine to me:
- named-compilezone -f text -F raw -o junk.raw junk db.junk
- named-compilezone -f raw -F text -o junk.raw.txt junk junk.raw

Is that what you're after? Or is it specifically whether 9.18's
interpretation of "raw" is different to 9.16's? (I don't know at the moment
and I don't have a raw file generated with 9.16 to test it).

Cheers, Greg