-------- Original message --------From: Matthijs Mekking <matth...@isc.org>
Date: 18/03/23  3:43 AM  (GMT+12:00) To: bind-users@lists.isc.org Subject: Re:
KASP: sharing policy and keys between views Hi Carsten,We did have some bugs in
the past when it comes to sharing keys with dnssec-policy among different
views. But the last one is from a year ago (fixed in 9.16.19).So while I don't
have experience myself with a similar setup, we did have some bug reports that
used dnssec-policy and views that have been resolved and it has been quiet when
it comes to "dnssec-policy with views" related bug reports.Now that doesn't
mean there are none, but hopefully adds a bit of confidence.Best regards,
MatthijsOn 3/17/23 11:46, Carsten Strotmann via bind-users wrote:> Hi,> >
(please do not start a discussion on the usefulness of views. I'm not> in favor
of views, but sometimes I have to work with them).> > I have a client that runs
a split horizon (internal / external view> of the same domain namespace) setup
with BIND 9 on Linux.> > Both the internal and external views of the domain are
DNSSEC> signed.> > In the past, the setup was using "auto-dnssec maintain;" on
a common,> shared key directory with manually created keys. Both zones in both>
views fetched the keys and did the signing. This setup was stable and> working
fine.> > Because "auto-dnssec maintain;" is deprecated, we're evaluating to>
change the setup to use a shared DNSSEC KASP definition, pointing to> the same
key directory (using shared keys and a shared state file).> > The test setup
runs without issues for one month now and has> successfully done 3 ZSK
rollovers in the time (KSK rollovers are> manual). So it *seems* like a working
configuration. We have not seen> errors or race-conditions (but we might have
been lucky).> > Does anyone here has experience with a similar setup, or
deeper> insight into the code and can tell me if this is a possible solution>
to operate a DNSSEC signed split horizon setup?> > Greetings> > Carsten
Strotmann> > -- Visit https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users to
unsubscribe from this listISC funds the development of this software with paid
support subscriptions. Contact us at https://www.isc.org/contact/ for more
information.bind-users mailing
listbind-us...@lists.isc.orghttps://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users