On 03/11/2023 18:06, Marco M. wrote:
Am 03.11.2023 um 17:58:51 Uhr schrieb Nick Howitt via bind-users:

On 03/11/2023 17:54, Marco M. wrote:
Am 03.11.2023 um 17:48:32 Uhr schrieb Nick Howitt via bind-users:
My problem is the use of external IP's duplicated between the
internal and external masters for some IPs/FQDNs which I want to
get rid of.
Implement IPv6 and get rid of the old IPv4 technology for internal
communication.

It is a big task, but after it is being done, many nasty stuff is
gone like NAT hairpinning or split-DNS.
Not remotely on the cards with 200+ servers and so on, I'm afraid.
You have to start at some time, rest is a matter of time.

Some of the servers are too old, I think for IPv6 - SLES 11.
Already out of support. Such machines must not be connected to the
internet anymore because they are a security risk. Replace them with a
current operating system.
You are preaching to the converted, but we have a huge mix of SLES 11, Ubuntu 16, 18, 20 and 22 machines + Windows Server 2016. Getting them all current is a long term project and it has to go through all sorts of customer authorisations. I am after a quick win with the Bind configs