On 02/14/2014 09:20 AM, Laurent Gatto wrote:

Dear all,

Looking back in my (sparse) notes from the last European Bioc meeting, I
saw two points that were mentioned during the BatchJobs and BiocParallel
talk that are of particular interest to me.

- BatchJobs: is there support, or are there any plans to support the
   HTCondor infrastructure [1], and will this back-end be supported in
   BiocParallel?

- BiocParallel: is there support, or are there any plans to support
   nested parallelisation. The use case I have in mind is to have a first
   level of parallelisation to distribute n sets jobs on n different
   machines using snow for example, and then each set of jobs would be
   distributed on their respective machine via multicore?

Any comments on the above solutions or their feasibility would be very
welcome.

I opened a related issue on github from some off-hub commentary from Michael Lang (QuasaR).

    https://github.com/Bioconductor/BiocParallel/issues/36

and I think this is a reasonable request. At least sometimes it seems like there will be a natural transition from `bplapply` at the cluster level to `bpvec` at the machine level.

Martin

Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes,

Laurent