Hi Liu,

On 03/10/2015 10:08 AM, Liu, Yuanhang wrote:
Hello, everyone,

I recently submitted my first R package. Everything checks fine on my
local machine. However, when I upload the tarball to the single package
builder at bioconductor.org, it gave me the following error on windows
system:

* creating vignettes ...Warning: running command
'"E:/packagebuilder/R/bin/x64/Rscript" --vanilla --default-packages= -e
"tools::buildVignettes(dir = '.', tangle = TRUE)"' had status 5
ERROR
Error in withCallingHandlers(tryCatch(evalq((function (i) :
object '.rcpp_warning_recorder' not found

Don't worry about this one. The problem is probably on the build machine
side (in the R it uses). Please ignore.

The name of the windows build system is :

moscato2 Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 (64-bit)/x64​

What does this mean? I would really appreciate it if someone can help me
with this.

I also got a warning on one linux system (morelia Mac OS X Mavericks
(10.9.5)/x86_64):

* checking loading without being on the library search path ... WARNING

Error: package BiocGenerics 0.13.4 is loaded, but >= 0.13.6 is required by
IRanges
In addition: Warning message:
version 0.13.6 of BiocGenerics masked by 0.13.4 in
/private/tmp/Rtmp8nLYMq/RLIBS_9d027c2fae3
Execution halted

mmh... again something doesn't look quite right on this build machine. Please ignore.

Then I checked my version of BiocGenerics, which is 0.12.1, the latest version.

This is the current release version. However remember that for testing
before package submission you should be using BioC devel (BioC 3.1, which requires R 3.2), not BioC release (BioC 3.0). That's what the
automatic single package builder uses.
The latest version of BiocGenerics in devel is 0.13.6.

Cheers,
H.

How come the system require 0.13.6? I also checked IRanges manual, which it says
it depends on BiocGenerics(>= 0.11.3). Would anybody tell me what does this
mean? Thanks in advance!

Regards
Yuanhang Liu
PhD Candidate
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology laboratory
Cellular & Structural Biology, Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics
UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
email: liu...@uthscsa.edu    cel: 210-784-082​8

--
Hervé Pagès