Developers,

On 11/16/2015 11:39 PM, Hervé Pagès wrote:
Hi Aaron,

On 11/16/2015 09:39 AM, Hervé Pagès wrote:
[...]
Anyway, you convinced me that we should not try to follow too closely
the names model for how we treat metadata columns. If nobody objects,
I'll change the behavior of the various "replaceROWS" methods in the
S4Vectors stack and make sure that they all transfer the metadata
columns from 'value' to 'x'.

This is done in S4Vectors 0.9.9 and IRanges 2.5.6 in devel, and in
S4Vectors 0.8.3 and IRanges 2.4.2 in release.

Just a heads-up that while making these changes to IRanges, I broke
subsetting of DNAStringSet objects (and other XStringSet derivatives).
So please refrain from updating IRanges today. This is now fixed in
IRanges 2.4.3 (release) and 2.5.7 (devel) but the fix won't become
available via biocLite() before tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

H.

--
Hervé Pagès