Hi all,

I just noticed that the version numbers of many (yet not all) packages have recently been incremented from x.y.0 to x.y.2 both in the devel and in the release branch. Actually, this affected all four packages I am maintaining, but strangely none of the other eight packages that are maintained by other members of my group. As it seems to me, the only change was the version number in the DESCRIPTION file itself. What is the reason for that? I'm sorry if this subject has been covered already and if I should know that. At least I could not find any information on the bioc-devel list.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Ulrich

*Dr. Ulrich Bodenhofer*
Associate Professor / Institute of Bioinformatics

*JOHANNES KEPLER
UNIVERSITY LINZ*
Altenberger Str. 69
4040 Linz, Austria