Hi bioc-devel,

I am trying set up git svn for my existing GitHub repo for my Bioconductor
package scDD.  I would like to be able to keep all of the development history
in my preexisting GitHub repo, so I followed the instructions for Scenario 2 at
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git-mirror/
<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git-mirror/>.  However, when I try
the ‘git svn rebase’ command I get the ‘dreaded’ error mentioned in the
troubleshooting section (‘unable to determine upstream SVN information from
working tree history’).

I guessed that this error was a result of some commits that were made between
the package being accepted to Bioconductor and the current state of my Github
repo’s master branch.  I followed the directions a the file that was linked to
as a reference in the troubleshooting section of the above link
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9805980/unable-to-determine-upstream-svn-information-from-working-tree-history

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9805980/unable-to-determine-upstream-svn-information-from-working-tree-history>),
 including a hard reset of a copy of the master branch to an earlier commit
that reflects the parent state of the svn repo, then git svn fetch, but I still
get the same error message as above.

If anyone has any other suggestions on how I can resolve this conflict between
svn and git, please let me know.  Thanks!

Best,
Keegan

--
Keegan Korthauer, PhD