On 03/20/2017 02:31 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
As I recall, there were issues building RCytoscape (and packages that depend on
it) on Mac and Windows. Mostly because this requires a running instance of
Cytoscape for each platform (and double that for release + devel). That used
too much infrastructure so we disabled building on those platforms. However,
since RCytoscape contains no native (C/C++/Fortran) code, it will still be
available on all platforms and should install just fine.

As long as the same is true of categoryCompare then Mac/Windows users should be
able to use it.

Exactly. Thanks Dan & Jim!

FWIW, supported platforms are controlled via the .BBSoptions file.
I added this file in August last year:

hpages@latitude:~/svn/bioconductor/Rpacks/categoryCompare$ svn log -v -r120632
r120632 | hpa...@fhcrc.org | 2016-08-31 17:13:55 -0700 (Wed, 31 Aug 2016) | 1 line
  Changed paths:
     A /trunk/madman/Rpacks/categoryCompare/.BBSoptions

Cheers,
H.

Dan