The "Re:" in the title of this e-mail? I add an "Re:" to all my titles,
and I assume that the mailing list dispatcher adds the "[Bioc-devel]"
tag (cleverly inserting it between the "Re:" and the actual title).

Just looked it up - apparently it stands for "in re" in Latin. I guess I
learn something new every day.