Hi,

I noticed this before the release - many packages are affected with a
similar error. Something this pervasive is likely due to a change (bug?)
in base R and not something you need to fix. It may also be fixed in a
later version of R version than what's on the build machines.

Now that the release is over we'll start focusing on the Bioc 3.9 builds
and we'll look into this.

Thanks.
Valerie

On 11/1/18 2:56 AM, Christopher John wrote:
> Hi
>
> I also have a warning after the upgrade, just for the development version
> (I have not changed).
>
> I am not sure why this happened as I can't find the ape in the namespace
> and previously had no warning before upgrade.
>
> Thanks.
>
> * checking whether package ‘M3C’ can be installed ... WARNING
> Found the following significant warnings:
>    Warning: S3 method ‘ape::as.phylo.dendrogram’ was declared in
> NAMESPACE but not found
> See ‘/Users/biocbuild/bbs-3.9-bioc/meat/M3C.Rcheck/00install.out’ for details.
>

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 08:09, Jakob Willforss <jakob.willfo...@immun.lth.se>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi! Getting closer to release, exciting!
>>
>> Today I saw that the build for my package NormalyzerDE gave a warning
>> after the release version bumps,
>> but only on the Windows build machine. No code has been changed from
>> previously succeeding builds.
>>
>> It seems to be unable to find certain functions in the libraries xts and
>> ggplot2 (see warning below). It seems to build fine on the Ubuntu and Mac
>> machines.
>>
>> Do you think this is something to worry about, or is it likely to be
>> something temporary to the build machines? I wonder in particular as my
>> work environment (and debugging environment of choice) is Linux, where the
>> problem don't seem to be reproduced.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Jakob
>>
>> The warning:
>>
>> * checking whether package ‘NormalyzerDE’ can be installed ... WARNING
>> Found the following significant warnings:
>>    Warning: S3 method ‘xts::as.xts.data.table’ was declared in NAMESPACE
>> but not found
>>    Warning: S3 methods ‘ggplot2::autoplot.zoo’, ‘ggplot2::fortify.zoo’ were
>> declared in NAMESPACE but not found
>> See ‘/Users/biocbuild/bbs-3.9-bioc/meat/NormalyzerDE.Rcheck/00install.out’
>> for details.
>>
>>          [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.