Hi Christian,

This is a known - there are no Mac binaries for El Capitan for R 3.6 at
this point. We don't build Cairo from source on the Mac builder, we use
the binary from CRAN. Once CRAN makes the binary available your package
will build.

Valerie

On 12/14/18 4:37 AM, Christian Mertes wrote:
> Dear Bioconductor team,
>
> I noticed that my package OUTRIDER and also some others have an issue
> with the Cairo package.
>
> The error is:
>
> .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Cairo', details:
>     call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
>     error: unable to load shared object
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so':
> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so,
> 6): Symbol not found: _FcConfigGetCurrent
>     Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so
>     Expected in: flat namespace
>    in
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so
>
> https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/OUTRIDER/merida2-checksrc.html
> https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/CATALYST/merida2-checksrc.html
>
> Also the same error came up in earlier versions already and was then solved.
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2015-June/007643.html
>
> I guess this is rather an issue of the test server. But if you need more
> information on this, please let me know.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Christian Mertes

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.