Dear All,

We have recently extended our Bioconductor package tradeSeq
<https://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/tradeSeq.html> to allow
different input formats and accommodate extended downstream analyses, by
building on other R/Bioconductor packages.
However this has resulted in a significant increase in the number of
dependencies due to relying on other packages that also have many dependencies,
for example causing very long build times on Travis
<https://travis-ci.com/github/statOmics/tradeSeq>.

We are therefore wondering about current recommendations to reduce the
dependency load. We have moved some larger packages from ‘Imports’ to
‘Suggests’, but to no avail.

Best,
Koen