Related: Does Bioconductor support 'Additional_repositories'? From RWE:

The ‘Additional_repositories’ field is a comma-separated list of
repository URLs where the packages named in the other fields may be
found. It is currently used by R CMD check to check that the packages
can be found, at least as source packages (which can be installed on
any platform).

FWIW, CRAN allows/supports them (I've only used them for packages
under 'Suggests:').

/Henrik