Thank you for the fix.
I have updated the package.

Best,

Marcel

On 9/21/23 7:12 PM, Ali Sajid Imami wrote:

I'll take a look. I rely on KEGGREST a lot.

Regards,
Dr. Ali Sajid Imami
LinkedIn
<https://pk.linkedin.com/pub/ali-sajid-imami/50/956/2a6><https://pk.linkedin.com/pub/ali-sajid-imami/50/956/2a6>

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 7:02 PM Charles Plessy
<charles.ple...@oist.jp><mailto:charles.ple...@oist.jp>
wrote:

Dear all,

yesterday I reported on GitHub that the regression tests of KEGGREST
fail because the KEGGREST:::.get.tmp.url function can not parse
www.kegg.jp<http://www.kegg.jp> pages anymore.

https://github.com/Bioconductor/KEGGREST/issues/21

This is a problem in Debian because 1) we do not allow the Bioconductor
packages that we redistribute to fail their tests and 2) the
reverse-dependency chain of KEGGREST is heavy.

KEGGREST <- AnnotationDbi <- GenomicFeatures <- lots of other packages

I am not familiar with KEGG enough to grasp what KEGGREST:::.get.tmp.url
was looking for.  But I was wondering if this bug would be a low-hanging
fruit for somebody else in this list?

Have a nice day,

Charles Plessy

--
Charles Plessy - - ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ - -
charles.ple...@oist.jp<mailto:charles.ple...@oist.jp>
Okinawa  Institute  of  Science  and  Technology  Graduate  University
Senior staff scientist ~~ Luscombe Unit ~~ https://groups.oist.jp/grsu
Toots from work - ~~ ~~~~ ~~ - https://fediscience.org/@charles_plessy

---
Marcel Ramos
Bioconductor Core Team
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Dept. of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Elm St. & Carlton St.
Buffalo, New York 14263

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.