From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-boun...@r-project.org> On Behalf Of Kinnary Shah
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2024 2:23 PM
To: bioc-devel@r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Unable to install "spoon" package due to R version 4.4
dependence

!-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender
  You have not previously corresponded with this sender.
  See https://itconnect.uw.edu/email-tags for additional
  information.  Please contact the UW-IT Service Center,
  h...@uw.edu 206.221.5000, for assistance.

Dear BioC developers,

My package, "spoon", was successfully built last week. I was told in the review
process to update the dependence of R to version 4.4. When I try to install the
devel version of Bioconductor to test my package installation, it also requires
R version 4.4. Based on the cran website, it says the latest release is R
version 4.3.3. Is there a way to I proceed if I need a newer version of R that
is not released yet?

Thanks,
Kinnary