On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 09:24:56PM -0400, Nick Cao via Bird-users wrote:
> Resend of the patch in
> http://trubka.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2023-June/017058.html
>
> ETX link quality estimation algorithm is useful for link types other than
> wireless,
> especially when using babel with tunnels where packet losses do occur.

Hi

I looked at your patch with intent of merging it, i like a separate
option for selection of dynamic metric algorithm, but i noticed that i
misunderstood how recently added RTT mechanism interacts with the rest.

I thought we have three alternative link quality / metric estimation
algorithms:

 - fixed (k-out-of-j)
 - ETX
 - RTT

But in fact RTT is independent metric, which is added on top of fixed/ETX
metric.

Is this intentional? Does it make sense?

(This is mainly a question for Toke or Juliusz)

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Ondrej 'Santiago' Zajicek (email: santi...@crfreenet.org)