Robert Baumander and I saw the Grebe again around 430. I know there have
been quite a few disappointed folks, so I thought I would add a bit of info
for complete clarity.

1: The Grebe was very consistently off Sunnyside Beach, ranging only a
couple of hundred metres east and west. He could be tricky to find, as he
dived long distances, and spent a lot of time diving. At times he was in
close, so hidden by the breakwall, though more often 10-50 metres beyond
the breakwall.

2: At the eastern end of the famous funny looking building, the Sunnyside
Bathing Pavilion is the Gus Ryder outdoor pool. This is at the bottom of
Parkside Drive at Lakeshore Blvd. Right between Pavilion and pool, going
out into the lake, is a small rickety pier. When you are on the beach, it
seems like a logical place to walk out, especially because the bird has
been seen for hours on Monday right out there, and this is very likely
extremely close to where the bird was Sunday.

3: This is the closest parking lot for this location: The parking lot just
east of Gus Ryder Pool, accessible from Lakeshore eastbound is the best.
Check your maps or Google Maps in advance if you don't know the area.

4: Stay observing. Though easy to see, he was invisible for minutes at a
time.

5: He's been in the same area for 2 days, so you've got a good chance!

David