Well what a difference a day makes as yesterday's sunshine gave way to rain.
When we started it was pouring and we almost aborted but thank goodness we
didn’t for the rain stopped 15 minutes into our walk and didn’t resume until we
finished after lunch. Seven weather worthy OFOrs joined me along the
waterfront. We stopped at Corner Marsh in Ajax, Cranberry Marsh, Pringle Creek,
Lynde Creek and Thickson Point as we searched for lingering birds.

A total of 45 species birds made an appearance. Pipits, a Marsh Wren, a hybrid
Black-Mallard, some White-winged Scoters and a Semipalmated Plover at Ajax
brightened our day. The Brant remained elusive today. Two hardy (foolhardy?)
Monarchs cruised the shore southbound. Nonetheless the weather was kind and the
participants pleasant. What more can we ask? Thanks to all who attended.

Geoff Carpentier

Contact me at: 905-852-2011 or avocetnatureservi...@gmail.com
Visit my website: www.avocetnatureservices.com

Specializing in Environmental & Natural History Surveys and
Group & Personalized Guiding Services
provincial birding organization.
Posting guidelines can be found at