Hi, everyone,

"Our" overwintering Eastern Towhee is still showing well at Arboretum Centre
feeder at The Arboretum, University of Guelph (same spot as the wintering Brown
Thrasher from a couple of years ago).  He usually pops out of the bittersweet
after a patient wait.

Here are some photos from yesterday if you are interested:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52649814@N05/32804511452/in/dateposted-public/

Cheers, Chris Earley    p.s. Happy Family Day!

Directions:  From the 401, take hwy 6 north to Guelph.  Turn right onto College
Avenue.  Just before College Ave ends at Victoria, turn right into The
Arboretum (our sign was hit by a car and is currently being repaired, but it is
the last right turn before you hit Victoria Road).  Follow the road to the two
large parking lots on your left (not the first little parking lot on your
left).  Following the paved walkway opposite the parking lot entrance towards
The Arboretum Centre and you will come to the feeder.

Arboretum Bird Workshops: Warblers 1 (offered since 1992!), Warblers 2, Intro
to Birds and more:
https://www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum/educationandevents/workshops

Chris Earley, BSc (Zoology), MSc (Environmental Biology)

Interpretive Biologist and Education Coordinator

The Arboretum

University of Guelph

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

N1G 2W1

519-824-4120 ext 52201

cear...@uoguelph.ca

www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum<http://www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum>

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52649814@N05/

"The chief aim of interpretation is not instruction, but provocation"

                                               - Freeman Tilden