OntBirds subscribers:

Today (8 September) from 3 to 5 PM, I birded from Beach 1 through to just
north of Owen Point. The shorebirding was excellent, with contentrations of
birds from approximately Beach 2 through to just past Beach 3. The
shorebird species I encountered, ranked by number-of, are as follows:

Semipalmated Sandpiper: 110

Sanderling: 95

Semipalmated Plover: 90

Least Sandpiper: 15

Lesser Yellowlegs: 10

Baird's Sandpiper: 4

Pectoral Sandpiper: 4

White-rumped Sandpiper: 3 adults

Killdeer: 3

Red Knot: 1 juv

American Golden Plover: 1 juv

Black-bellied Plover: 1 juv

I wanted to put together this summary ahead of the up-coming OFO trip to
Presqu'ile. Have a great outing, the weather looks great!

Good birding
--
Jon Ruddy
Eastern Ontario Birding