---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Frank Pinilla (gmail) via ONTBIRDS" <birdalert@ontbirds.ca>
Date: September 8, 2017 at 2:57 PM

Ontbirders,

While stopped to look at a feeding frenzy of gulls and Cormorants on Lake Simcoe, I spotted a juvenile Sabine's Gull (showing the classic "M" pattern on the back and wings), the flock is slowly making its way west from Lake Drive and Kennedy Rd, just east of Sutton. It's possible there are 2 but they are moving around so quickly in this strong N wind that I'm not 100%. The flock contains over 500 Bonaparte's Gulls, 4 Great Black-backed (uncommon in York Region) and many Herring & Ring-billed Gulls.

Good birding,
Frank Pinilla
(416) 559-7075

Directions - Lake Drive runs along the southern shore of Lake Simcoe - there is a concrete pier and small park where Kennedy Rd ends at the lake (Lake View Park).

Sent from my iPhone