Huron Fringe Birding Festival

 Posted with the permission of the Ontbirds coordinator.

The schedule of events for the Huron Fringe Birding Festival has just been
posted on the Festival website. Over 80 outings are offered over two, 4-day
weekends, from May 25 to May 28, and May 31 to June 3.

The Festival is based out of MacGregor Point Provincial Park on Lake Huron,
near the town of Port Elgin in Bruce County. The Lake Huron shoreline fringe
creates a corridor guiding migrant birds north through the Park and up the
Bruce Peninsula.  The area probably has the most nesting songbird species in
southern Ontario and the most varieties of orchids and butterflies.  The
overall incredible diversity of flora and fauna add to the richness of the
events.

Festival events are led by top leaders from across Ontario, as well as Bruce
and Grey County’s own local experts.

Registration starts on February 1.  With the popularity of the Festival, events
book up early and several are full within the first few days of registration.
Outings are limited in size to 20 for birding hikes, and 12 for botany,
photography and other excursions, so don’t delay in registering.

Check out our program on the website below, and see why we, in our biased way,
think we rank with the best birding festivals in North America. The complete
program, including prices, camping reservations, accommodations and food, are
posted on the following websites:

http://friendsofmacgregor.org/page/huron-fringe-birding-festival
<http://friendsofmacgregor.org/page/huron-fringe-birding-festival>
 www.huronfringefest.wordpress.com <http://www.huronfringefest.wordpress.com/>
<http://www.huronfringefest.wordpress.com/
<http://www.huronfringefest.wordpress.com/>>

For camping or for yurts at MacGregor Point Provincial Park, please check

 https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/Home.aspx
<https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/Home.aspx>
<https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/Home.aspx
<https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/Home.aspx>>

For local food and accommodation in nearby Port Elgin, please check

http://www.visitportelgin.ca/search-accomodation.php?subCategory=59&button=Search+No

<http://www.visitportelgin.ca/search-accomodation.php?subCategory=59&button=Search+No>

Fred Jazvac

Program Committee