Resending this email of Fri., Feb.9/2018.

Thanks,
Sigi

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: GTA Red-tailed Hawks and Snowy Owl
Date:   Fri, 9 Feb 2018 22:43:15 -0500
From:   Siegmar Bodach <sigipa...@sympatico.ca>
To:     birdalert@ontbirds.ca

For Fri., Feb.9,2018 10;30 to 5;30:

In my business travels across the breathe of the GTA starting from
Aurora to Nobleton,
to Kleinberg, down the 427 west on the 401(past Pearson Airport) to
Hurontario and then
east on the 401 to Markham Rd. up (and down) the 404 back to Aurora
counted only a total of 8
separate Red-tailed Hawks. This is somewhat low according to my normal
winter driving experience
around the GTA in previous years. What was also very noticeable is the
complete absence of any Kestrels.
None seen to date by me so far in 2018 driving several thousand kms
around the GTA. Very worrisome
for this beautiful raptor.

*Observed a heavily streaked Snowy Owl at Buttonville Airport sitting on
the Buttonville Airport
Signage between 2pm. to 3 pm. and again at 5pm. sitting on a southbound
lamppost at 16th
Ave and 404.

Good winter birding,
Sigi Bodach