Rondeau Festival of Flight May 18th Morning Report

Spring is moving quite quickly in Rondeau with the leaves slowly coating the
canopy. Blackpoll Warblers have moved in steadily, indicating the approach of
the end of migration in southern Ontario. With that said still lots to see!
Fly-catchers, Indigo Buntings, and Cuckoos have arrived in good numbers and
offer excellent views when found. A Hooded Warbler and Blue-winged were seen
this morning on Spicebush Trail which also happens to be the hotspot so far.

My apologies for the missing May 17th (afternoon) report, my e-mail was down. A
Golden-winged Warbler and Common Nighthawk were seen late last evening.

The south end of Harrison Trail and South Point is extremely wet and flooded in
parts, tall boots are recommended.

Join us from May 1st until the 19th for the Festival of Flight.

Guided hikes available.

Hike Leader: Peter Simons