Yesterday and Wednesday Bob Tyler and I birded Ward’s Island and a small part
of Algonquin Island and though migration still seems slow and sparse we did
find some nice birds including the following.

Great Blue Herons, Osprey, Sharp-shinned and Cooper’s Hawks, Kestrel, Merlins,
Woodcock, Chimney Swifts, Hummingbirds, Flickers, Olive-sided, Yellow-bellied,
Willow, Least and Great-crested Flycatchers, Pewee and Kingbirds, 3 Common
Ravens, White-breasted Nuthatches, Carolina Wren, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers,
Veery, Catbirds, Cedar Waxwings, Warbling and Red-eyed Vireos, 14 warbler
species (all in small numbers) including, Cape-May, Blk-th Blue, Pine, Prairie,
Bay-breasted, Blackpoll, Connecticut, Wilson’s, Ovenbird and N. Waterthrush,
only 2 N. Orioles but 5 Mink, several Toads, and a couple of Brown Snakes.

Yesterday we saw about 75+ Monarchs and on Wednesday about 200+ Monarchs and
the Sabre Jet that I reported last time was actually a Mig 15.

Grass is very thick and wet in many places but trails are free of water but a
bit muddy in some places as in some of the open areas beyond Snake Island.

Good Luck with your outing this weekend Gavin.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill, On

Sent from Mail for Windows 10