Bitcoin is globally aware global consensus.

It means every node both knows about and agrees on every transaction.

Do we need global awareness of every transaction to run a worldwide payment
network? Of course not! In fact the limits of today's technology probably would
not even allow it.

Global awareness is a finite resource. That's okay; hub and spoke, or other
clever designs are going to ensure we can run worldwide transactions without
requiring global awareness. That's great!

But even if we have hub and spoke, we still need a "hub" at the center. Bitcoin
Core needs to focus on being that hub. It needs to be the best globally aware
global consensus network that we can build. Let's put aside our differences and
focus on this goal.

Part of building the best network means ensuring that network can operate at
the highest capacity technology can allow.

If we run the test-net to show that hardware exists today to safely increase
block size to a static 8 MB, then we will have broad developer support to make
this happen.

Let's get that done. We can continue to adjust the block size upward in the
future as technology permits.

Thoughts?