It is not scientific or sensible to go from proposal stage straight to
voting and then implementation stage.

The proposals you have diligently gathered, summarized and presented
in your document must go through testing, and scenario simulation with
published results, in order for objective evaluation to be made possible.

For that matter, even "running up against a capacity limit" has not
been simulated or tested. Additionally, (and looking the other way)
there is a lack of provision for scaling DOWN in the current proposals
- - hard to envision, yes - but what goes up will eventually come down.
A global credit contraction is not unlikely, nor is natural disaster,
and these scenarios have implications for usage, scale, degree of
decentralization and security.

CS is science, there is no reason for this generation not to apply
rigorous Computer Science to Bitcoin.

Venzen

On 08/04/2015 02:50 PM, jl2012 via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> As now we have some concrete proposals
> (https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-July/009808.html),

I think we should wrap up the endless debate with voting by different