4.) Investors hate uncertainty, and the blocksize issue is adding a lot
of uncertainty right now, ...

That is true VC investors and people starting companies. People who invest directly in Bitcoin love all this stuff.

A few weeks back a bunch of stories quoting nonsense spouted by Bitcoin cultists that Greece can use Bitcoin now as a replacement currency and store of value. The price went about $300 so I sold a bunch of my coins. Now we have these stories that Bitcoin is splitting in 2 and it went down to near $200 so I bought them back.

The point is that "developer attacks" have to be taken into consideration when discussing these things.

Russ