I've also got a competition where the object is to build a spaceship using only a watermelon, two donkeys, some duct tape, and a fire hydrant.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Richard Olsen via bitcoin-dev" <bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org>
To: "bitcoin-dev" <bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org>
Sent: 9/29/2015 11:37:07 PM
Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Design Competition

All,

We are looking for participants in a Bitcoin related competition: the aim is to build a trading platform (initially for foreign exchange, other assets will follow) which lets participants settle their trades through the blockchain via coloured coins. To facilitate a quicker trade reconciliation, the use of a sidechain is a suggestion but by no means a requirement. There will be an online briefing event today where we will outline the requirements in more detail, though much of it we have posted on our website www.lykkex.com .

As we want this to be a community driven effort rather than something turning into a proprietary technology, all contributions will be made available under a MIT license on Github.

I look forward to answering your questions at the online briefing event or over email,

Thank you and kind regards,
Richard Olsen