On Thursday, February 04, 2016 5:45:38 PM Ryan Grant wrote:
> [BIP 2:]
> > A process BIP may change status from Draft to Active when it
> > achieves rough consensus on the mailing list.
>
> Is this mix of wiki and mailing list intentional?  If so, the wiki
> talk page is meant to be a self-curated permanent record of support
> and dissent, but second-order reply commentary might fall either on
> the wiki or the mailing list?

The wiki page is meant to be a place to leave comments recommending or
discouraging adoption of a completed BIP, after discussion is over. For
example, many people seem to think BIP 38 is a good idea simply because it is
a Final BIP, whereas in general we would want to discourage using it since it
cannot really be used safely.

All review itself ought to remain on the ML.

> BIP 2 should ask that all current and future forums that BIP authors
> might choose for review have indisputable records of moderation and
> user edits.

Is this necessary considering the author-chosen forum may only be *in addition
to* the Bitcoin Wiki?

> Is dump.bitcoin.it a sufficient public record of contentious
> moderation or user cross-comment editing?  It seems like as long as
> the wiki as a whole is verifiable, it would suffice.

It should be everything except accounts/passwords.

Luke