I think this is already covered in the BIP text:-

"As of November 2016, the most recent of these changes (BIP 65,
enforced since December 2015) has nearly 50,000 blocks built on top of
it. The occurrence of such a reorg that would cause the activating
block to be disconnected would raise fundamental concerns about the
security assumptions of Bitcoin, a far bigger issue than any
non-backwards compatible change.

So while this proposal could theoretically result in a consensus
split, it is extremely unlikely, and in particular any such
circumstances would be sufficiently damaging to the Bitcoin network to
dwarf any concerns about the effects of this proposed change."