The issue is due to Segwit blocks since Testnet has already activated
Segwit. 0.12.x- nodes will receive a Segwit block with all of the
witnesses stripped. When they relay this block to a 0.13.0+ node, the
block will be rejected because those have Segwit functionality and
require the witnesses to be in the block. Given that Testnet has a
smaller number of nodes and less difficulty, this could result in some
miners using 0.13.0+ mining blocks which do not propagate well and thus
causing multiple chain splits and reorgs as other miners find blocks for
the same height before receiving a block for that height.