I didn't say typical, I said every. Currently a raspberry pi on shitty adsl
can run a full node. What's wrong with needing a high end pc and good
connectivity to run a full node?

People that want to, can. People that don't want to, won't, no matter how
low spec the machine you need.

If nobody uses bitcoin, all the security in the world provides no value.
The value of bitcoin is provided by people using bitcoin, and people will
only use bitcoin if it provides value to them.  Security is one aspect
only. And the failure to understand that is what has led to the block size
debate.

Rodney