On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Hampus Sjöberg
<hampus.sjob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Segwit2x/BIP91/BIP148 will orphan miners that do not run a Segwit2x (or
> BIP148) node, because they wouldn't have the new consensus rule of requiring
> all blocks to signal for segwit.

All versions of Bitcoin Core since 0.13.1 signal segwit, 0.14.1+ even
when downstream mining software doesn't support it.

I think it would be useful for there to exist a useful and trivial
patch against current (0.14.2) software to engage in the BIP91-like
orphaning, like people have provided for BIP148-- but right now I
don't see any specification of the behavior so it's unclear to me
_exactly_ what it would need to implement to be consistent.