From: Clark Moody <cl...@clarkmoody.com>
Sent: 04 May 2018 01:10
To: Paul Brown <paul@345.systems>
Cc: Clark Moody <cl...@clarkmoody.com>; Bitcoin Protocol Discussion
<bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Multi-signature and multi-coin HD wallet in one
BIP32 derivation path (new BIP)

Paul,

The current BIP-49 / 84 use the purpose field of the derivation path to specify
the address format.

​I think sticking with the one-BIP-one-format method works. Otherwise, you
would need to modify this proposed BIP each time a new format comes along. In
that case, existing wallets that claim BIP-XXXX compliance will be incomplete.

-Clark