op_return outputs can be pruned because they are not spendable.
putting a hash on in the witness script data won't make things better
(it would actually make them worse) and it definitely doesn't help
"block size bloat".
I think I'm missing some context, but if you're using op_return purely
for timestamping I would recommend using pay 2 contract  instead.