Somebody pointed out this to me:

https://gavintech.blogspot.com/2014/06/bit-thereum.html

I have updated the page accordingly.

One thing that seems not mentioned in bit-thereum is the "as long as everybody
agrees" escape hatch, i.e. one branch which allows spending to anything
(including a transaction that violates the letter of the contract) as long as
all participants agree.
This is gives my newer mechanism the ability to "fix" buggy contracts if
everybody involved can agree to the terms of a new contract, by simply
abandoning the existing contract and spending to the new contract.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.