> As feerates have gone up over time, and as we expect them to go up further,
>we should be considering drastically increasing the 3 sat/vByte basis to
>something more like 20 sat/vB.

I have no opinion on changing or removing dust limit. However, fee rates are
not going up. Yes, we expect them to go up and miners revenue from fees as
well. Although, fees/day (in terms of BTC) has been decreasing in each cycle.
Fee rates have been ranging between 1 sat/vByte to 200-300 sat/vByte, regularly
reset to 1-5 sat/vByte and very low since long time now except when hash rate
went down.

Fees per MB since 2016: https://i.imgur.com/XEkkf99.png

Highest in this cycle on April 19 2021: 2.5 BTC
Highest in previous cycle on December 18 2017: 10 BTC

It stays low all the time except few days in each cycle.

--
Prayank

A3B1 E430 2298 178F