drivechain is a cool proposal.   i don't think there's a ton of
obvious risk to the network itself (not slow, not too much work for
nodes, etc), but it seems to encourage "bad behavior", not sure the
incentives line up to prevent thefts, and not sure that won't turn
around and bite bitcoin's main chain.

of course stacks can do this even without drivechain, so not sure what
we're hiding from there

if you're talking about extensions there's lightning-compatible
mimblewimble, which is probably more important, since it gets bitcoin
to global-scale payments, while improving fungibility, and probably
can't be implemented safely via drivechain