> Can you maybe try stating the goals of your payout function, and then
> demonstrate how what you're proposing meets that?

The goals are quite simple: if you are a solo miner, you are trying to mine a
block that meets the network difficulty. If you are using some kind of pool,
then you are trying to mine N times easier blocks and receive N times lower
reward for doing that. If many miners work on similar transactions, then each
miner can validate each transaction once and assign transaction fee to
transaction id, in this way the coinbase reward can be quickly checked, because
you have to check only those transactions, which were unknown to you and for
example included only by this miner and not broadcasted. Assuming that most of
the transactions will be the same and included by most of the miners, that
verification would be quick and can be simplified only to checking "what is
different from what I am mining".
Also, to determine the proper amount of shares received, you can assign a
difficulty for each miner. So, if you are connected to eight mining nodes, you
can assign a difficulty to each of them, just to limit how much work for each
share they can produce to have it accepted and included for payments. It is
needed to avoid spamming by producing a lot of shares at difficulty one by
bigger miners, they should find it more profitable to create bigger shares,
because by accumulating them, it is cheaper to receive one bigger payment than
a lot of smaller payments.